The new Griffon 12000TD
Passenger transport hovercraft
Passengers (crew excluded)
3 per passenger, 2 per cargo
Maximum payload (tons)
Unladen mass (tons)
Average autonomy (hours)
Maximum speed at full payload (knots)
Engine type (diesel)
2 x MAN
Passenger transport Hovercraft
The 12000TD is an innovative new model that combines the combined experience and heritage of Griffon Hoverwork, to offer the most technically advanced and modern hovercraft available today. Maintaining the renowned robustness of the Hoverwork heritage, coupled with the lightweight approach of the Griffon hovercraft, the 12000TD introduces the latest in manufacturing quality and technology improvements.
- Designed and built in a modular method, offering the commercial benefits of a standardized platform.
- A highly configurable main cabin interior and wheelhouse layout to meet any operational need. It can be mounted in a passenger or logistic configuration.
- In the standard Passenger variant, the wheelhouse is mounted centrally above the main cabin to provide excellent all-round visibility for the pilot.
- Two loading ramps in the bow are designed for easy self-loading of passengers and light loads.
- The skirt uses the latest development of a bag and finger type, made from materials tested over thousands of hours of operation in the harshest environments.
- Highly developed integrated lifting and pushing systems, driven by the reliability and economy of two MAN D2862 diesel engines.
Equipped with a hybrid drive system and using two motors instead of four and larger propellers, the hovercraft offers the benefits of low operating and maintenance costs, as well as exceptionally low noise. These manufacturing improvements on the 12000TD mean that noise levels are significantly reduced compared to similarly sized ones, while the average public space reading was 74 dB, equivalent to that of office noise.
Designed and built to comply with the Lloyds Register Special Service Manufacturing Rules with a set of annotations; 100A1 SSC Passenger (A) ACV HSC LDC G2 MCH and also complies with UK MCA High Speed Craft regulations under the applicable sections of the IMO High Speed Code IMO 2000.