Hovercraft used as carriage of passengers
Passengers (crew excluded)
Maximum payload (tons)
Unladen mass (tons)
Average autonomy (hours)
Maximum speed at full payload (knots)
Engine type (diesel)
2 x IVECO
Valid carriage of passengers
The Griffon 8000TD is a well proven design and is the most popular medium lift hovercraft. The 8000TD, and its military version, the 8000TD (M), is powered by two water-cooled diesel engines. With its two 596 kW (800 hp) engines, it is much more powerful and appears to be the preferred choice of military operators.
- Capable of speeds in excess of 50 knots (58 mph or 93 km / h) This vessel sails at speeds of over 40 knots with a full payload in zero wind, zero wave (‘0/0’) conditions.
- Depending on the configuration, the 8000TD has a payload of 8-10 tons.
- In its commercial role, this high-speed amphibious ship can carry 50-65 passengers in airplane-type seats, in addition to their luggage.
- The 8000TD can also be equipped with a bow ramp and carry small conventional or tracked vehicles, or a combination of people and freight / freight.
- It can also be used in a rescue role in the event of a plane crash and can be equipped with firefighting and medical assistance capabilities.
The Indian Coast Guard protects and monitors their most vulnerable and complex coasts with a fleet of 18 vessels.